Guides/Add new Ship
Adding a new ship
- Find a decent ship image.
- Move/copy it to Client/Data/ships.
- Optionally you can rename it.
- Run the game and open the Ship Editor.
- Find the ship image you added and use it.
- Choose proper shield image.
- Set the appropriate ship layout size.
- Select "Space" and draw where it's supposed to be.
- Add rooms, walls, and doors.
- NOTE: DON'T FORGET THE AIRLOCKS!!!
- Adjust ship HP, class, and race.
- Press "Save" and select a proper name, and save the model.
- Find your ship model in Client/Data/models.
- Copy it to Server/models/ships.
- Make a ship icon (see below).
- NOTE: For everything to work properly all files related to the ship (ship image, icon image, model file) should have the same name, including the letter case.
Creating a ship icon
- Open your ship in favorite image editing program.
- Make the image 5% size of original.
- Add black border.
- Make everything inside the border white.
- Add some gray color if you want.